1. Realize that I am NOT God: I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable. (Matthew 5:3)
2. Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover. (Matthew 5:4)
3. Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control (Matthew 5:5)
4. Openly examine and confess all my faults to God, to myself, and to someone I trust. (Matthew 5:8)
5. Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects. "Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires." (Matthew 5:6)
6. Evaluate all my relationships; Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I have done to others except when to do so would harm them or others. (Matthew 5:9)
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self examination, Bible readings and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
8. Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and by my words. (Matthew 5:10)
Celebrate is a Biblically Christ centered 12-step program to bring healing. It enables anyone to become free from life's hurts, habits and hang-ups by using worship, group settings, accountability partners and a sponsor.
At Celebrate we us Biblical principles of conviction, conversion, surrender, confession, restitution, prayer, quiet time, witnessing and helping one another to gain freedom from addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behavior. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy and a stronger personal relationship with God and others.
Celebrate Recovery is a great ministry for all who are willing to change their current situation. Total confidentiality and anonymity are required and strickly enforced. This program uses 8 Recovery Principles and a 12-step process. Life experiences, strengths and hopes are shared with one another as we all grow in Christ.
We believe that the power of restoration through Christ can help to restore and develop a stronger relationship with ourselves, others and God.
Celebrate Recovery is open to a diverse cultural community as each one contributes from their own life experience .
Celebrate Recovery meets at the church at 1050 S. Union every Thursday at 7:00 PM. Child care is provided. Please join us every third Thursday of the month for a barbeque at 6:00 PM.
The leader at the Sequoia Celebrate is Steve Willson. Give him a call at home at 209.275.2205 or just call the church office at 209.823.2089
We are in need of more group leaders. If God is possibly calling you to serve in this area please call Steve and answer God's call to help others.